5.21.2005

welcome to the jungle, dude

I live a rather scattered life. One day I'm having coffee and muffins in a tiny little coffee house in the suburbs, the next day I'm running through downtown because I missed the train AGAIN, and then the day after that I'm cursing the urban planning disaster that is Harvard Square.

Speaking of Harvard Square, am I the only one shocked that more people don't die there? Am I the only one shocked that I haven't died there??

Anyway.

Most people have alarm clocks that awaken them with music...mine screams "Where's the orange juice!" at the top of its lungs at 6:05 every morning. Unpleasant, really, but what can you do? Well, you can curse, which I usually do, but then you just have to get on with it. The day always starts with grand intentions. I will do laundry! I will cook dinner! I will go to bed early! It's 6:05! The day is full of possibilities!

Reality sets in by 6:06.

"What do you mean you have no socks? Can't you pull a pair out of the hamper?"

And we're off.

I'm not even sure how to describe the rest of the day seeing as how it passes in giant blurs of color that make no sense even to me. Let's just say if night falls and I don't have a headache it's been a good day. Groceries in the pantry? Great day. And if I find beer in the fridge? Nirvana, baby.

Oh. I promised I'd cook dinner, didn't I?

Here. Have a Hot Pocket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home