1.03.2007

shamelessly stolen yearly meme

The ugly chair post is languishing...not because I can't write it (although I really have no business writing these days...it's laughable) but because I cannot.keep.UP. with the chaos that is my family these days.

It's almost finished, though. I know you're all just frothing in anticipation. (hee!)

So, instead, I stole this meme from Ms. CCL, who claims she's all stocked up on crazy, and maybe she is, but you should still check her out...she's kinda cool and exactly my kind of crazy. You can steal it, too, if you want. All you have to do is post the first line of the first post of each month. So easy a slacker like me can do it!

And now, the year in review with an added comment or two. Or ten. Maybe even twelve.

January - Happy New Year, everybody!
- not exactly original, eh? I plead drunken drive-by posting. Ahem.

February - Sick.
- lalalalalala i've never heard of rotavirus lalalalala let's forget February, okay?

March - I mean, really.
- i mean, what was i thinking?

April - Lemony Child is enrolled in a lovely little preschool called Lemony Child's Preschool.
- merry lynnie and lemony child are now in the same kindy class. merry mum has avoided me like the plague since seeing me at open house. woot!

May - "I thought that booze tasted a bit more boozey than the booze I'm used to boozing it up with."
- the internet is a whacky place sometimes, no?

June - You know, when you wash your favorite pair of khaki-type cargo-ish cropped-leg pants, you know the ones, they're your favorite pants because they make you feel not-so-fat, and you pull them out of the dryer, put them on, and top them with your very favorite black v-neck tee-shirt and some cute jewelry, maybe an anklet or something that looks great with those rad, black, flatter than flat leather thong sandals you found at Old Navy, and you go through all this trouble to look presentable because you have to go out but before you go out you need a cup of your favorite iced coffee from the cafe down the street because only they have the butterscotch sundae flavor you like so much so you stop and get a large and head back to your car where you make use of the handy-dandy cup holder in the Happy Bus you drive so you don't have to hold the cup while you're steering, and you're feeling really cute because your hair obeyed you and your make-up isn't smudged yet so you turn up the volume of the stereo as you're turning onto Main Street because you're in such a good mood...and when you turn the giant cup of coffee that's too big for the handy-dandy cup holder tips over and spills 32 ounces of Butterscotch Sundae, regular, no sugar onto your lap and soaks through your pants so they have a stain the size of Idaho on your right leg and ass cheek?
- oy what a day that was and longest run-on sentence evah. doh.

July - Funny how time goes away when there are three Lemonettes clamoring for attention all.day.long.
- ah, summer vacation...how i miss thee...NOT.

August - Frickin' piece of crappola Compaq Presario Notebook. Eighteen months old and on it's fourth death.
- the Dell is still going strong, by the way.

September - "Will you miss me, Mumma?"
- Kindergarten...and yes, I miss her, although the quiet during the day is no longer weird.

October - I haven't exactly been in a blogging place lately.
- still? erg.

November - She's stubborn.
- "like her mum," said mr. lemony when he read this one...i think he meant it as a compliment. ahem.

December - More like...Twelve in-laws fighting
- and i have the bruises to prove it.

There it is...2006 wrapped up in 12 (or a few more) sentences. I need to get out more.

Tomorrow! The ugly chair! I promise!

4 Comments:

Blogger ccw said...

When you wrote the long sentence in June were you drinking some of the boozey booze from May?bn

4.1.07  
Blogger jouettelove said...

i loved this (so i stole it)-you make me laugh. happy new year, my dear.

7.1.07  
Blogger Om.powered said...

"tomorrow" is SUCH a relative term.

xoxo

12.1.07  
Blogger lemony said...

Wiseass.

I am SUCH a slacker.

*sigh*

12.1.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home