1.23.2006

can somebody please find me a drool bucket?





Excuse me, I'm swooning...

...swoon...swoon...

...drool...

Okay. I'm better now.

Ahem.

Mr. Lemony is one of the good guys. Sure, he's occasionally (frequently) clueless, but he's well-intentioned and thoughtful. I always know where he is and what he's doing. He doesn't make plans without running them by me first. He's a kick-ass dad, and for some strange, inexplicable reason he loves me. I mean the dude brings me popsicles when I'm sick. He's just a nice guy.

He's also, um, boring.

He loves sports, which is cool because I've been known to scream my head off at a baseball game myself, but I mean he loves sports. Some women are golf widows. Not me. Me? I'm a football widow.

Go Pats. Ahem. Go Seahawks?

He's analytical. He insists there is a scientific or mathematical explanation for everything. Now I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but damn it, I don't always want to know why the stars shine, you know? Sometimes I just want to look at them and marvel at how amazing the universe is without hearing about gas and flame and the speed of light.

He loves technology. He talks about pixels and megapixels and Sling boxes and HDTV TiVo and megabytes...

...zzzzz....

Ooooops...sorry, pardon me.

When Lemony Teen was still a Lemony Preteen, her English teacher gave them a project. Letters were assigned numerical values, with A being worth 1 point, B being worth 2 points, and so on down the alphabet with Z at 26 points. She had to figure out at least two words that equaled exactly 100 points. We had fun with it, coming up with obscure words and doling out points. Mr. Lemony? He wrote a computer program and found every 100 point word in the English language within five minutes.

No, I'm not kidding.

Now, me? I love art. Music. Poetry. You know, all the stuff Mr. Lemony scoffs at because it's not SCIENCE! MATH! GO PATS!! so when a guy like James Blunt comes along I simply must take a moment to swoon. I love Mr. Lemony, but I'd be lying if didn't admit that I'm occasionally surprised to find myself married to a guy who is so unlike every other guy (or girl) I've ever swooned over.

I'll grow old with Mr. Lemony, and we'll be happy, but in the meantime, somebody hand me a drool bucket.

9 Comments:

Blogger Momma Star said...

If you are claiming James I get Goran. You cannot have them both. ;)

xoxo

23.1.06  
Blogger Om.powered said...

So when I ask you who the hell that IS, will you laugh at me?

xoxoxo

24.1.06  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Mmmm James Blunt.. beautiful voice, talented songwriter, plays both guitar and piano.. very nice.. oh, and he's HOT. sounds like the total package to me. can i borrow your drool bucket, lemony?

24.1.06  
Blogger Atticus said...

Thief! Thief! He's mine and FYI he's singing that song to *me* ;-) Just kidding!! I concede defeat :-) But I get Matt Mchanaheycan'tspellhisnamebutdamnheisfine!

26.1.06  
Blogger jouettelove said...

you have to post something else, I come here daily just to oggle James. I listen to him on the way to work and swoon, and click here to swoon some more. last night, I'm pretty sure I had a dream about him. My husband is going to get jealous.

26.1.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, I love lemony lemons.

26.1.06  
Blogger josetteplank.com said...

I have no idea who that beautiful man is, but I keep wanting to brush that lock of hair back with my...knees.

Drool indeed!

29.1.06  
Blogger Reid said...

I liked the song, but after seeing him on Saturday Night Live, looking like a glazed Steve Nash, I wasn't that impressed. He unnerved me the way he stared at the camera, like an old friend who couldn't remember my name.

I still appreciate a guy who plays his own stuff, though. He reminds me David Gray, a bit.

Some of my demos are up here, if you'd like to give them a listen. I'm neither hunky nor wet in my pictures, but I do what I can.
http://www.thecaucasianboys.com/Demos/demos.htm

31.1.06  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Hmmm It takes a brave man to come on here and diss the object of our lust and THEN solicit us to check out your own songs...

But I have to say... DAMN! I listened to several of them and I was really impressed. I loved "Autumn's Gone". Original song? Also liked "One", "Found Out About You", and "Rick James" (especially the little sound bite you added haha)

So anyway, I check out your blog, so I know you are hilarious and a great writer, but a musician too?! Doesn't seem quite fair.. I think you got my share of talent.

5.2.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home