12.20.2005

eeeeeeeeep!

EEEEEEeeeeep.

Did I already say that??

When I decided to start a blog, I figured I'd keep it as private as possible. A journal of sorts. Then I shared the link with a friend. And then another, and another, and then all of a sudden I realized I wasn't keeping it private at all. The idea of people reading was kind of cool. Kind of panic-inducing, too.

On the night I caught myself compulsively clicking the Next Blog button and reading random things written by strangers I had a sudden thought - Ohmigawd what if random strangers are reading MY BLOG? ACK!!

After I calmed down (with a bit of help from my trusty friend Jose Cuervo) I decided it was okay. How many people would actually click in anyway? And so what if they did? Pffft.

Then the very lovely Kate mentioned Site Meter and I had a whole new thing to play with...and obsess over, because that little button proves, without a doubt, that people are, in fact, READING my blather.

This is rather daunting when you are me. Why? Because I happen to be one of those people who obsesses over every word. I delete. I re-type. I delete again. I pull hair out of my head. I pace and worry and think oh, I should have said THIS instead of THAT and holy bleeding hell, man, what is THAT and what was I thinking when I typed it???

Last night's entry came about when I became utterly fascinated with the idea that random bloggers with Site Meter buttons were suddenly as aware of me as I am of the wonderful folks who wander in here. And that's all.

Now don't get me wrong, people, I love getting comments. It's nice to know people are reading even if they think my particular style of stringing words together sucks rocks. So thank you, and keep 'em coming!

And dude? Yeah, you over there, the one who wandered in looking for an Ass Parade? I give you this - my ass and the tattoo that lives above it.

I told you it was so not what you were hoping to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home