10.20.2005

um...wha...?
















"So, Lemony Teen, what'cha doin' there? Homework?"

"No."

"Math?"

"No."

"What kind of math?"

"Glide reflection."

Oh. Okay.

What is glide reflection you ask? Glide reflection is a composite transformation which is a translation followed by a reflection in the line parallel to the direction of translation.

Um, wha...?

All I'm going to say is thank you to the good spirits of the world that I'm not in high school anymore. Glide reflection? Did I ever do that in math class? And if I did do that, did I pass?

You know how when you send your kids off to Kindergarten you worry about them? Bet you didn't think to worry about the day you realize your kid is smarter than you, did you?

Glide reflection. Yeah. Sure. I can do that.

Duh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Om.powered said...

raises hand
Um, excuse me Miss Lemony but all of a sudden my head hurts real real bad. Can I go to the nurse's office, please? They can call my mom and she can come and get me so I can go home and lie down.

21.10.05  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, hell NO. I am quite certain I never advanced far enough in math to learn whatEVER that is.

How is "glide reflection" important in life? And if it IS important, how have I made it this far without knowing anything about it?

I know. I'll go ask my engineer friends. I'll bet they learned such things.

21.10.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home