8.18.2005

she's too good for him anyway

Today, Lemony Teen told me her boyfriend isn't thrilled with being low on her priority list and thinks she should reconsider what's important. I was appropriately outraged. I mean, how dare he?

I decided a little talk about how living her life that way she wants is infinitely more important than trying to please some doofus boy by doing what he wants was in order, but before I could utter a word my daughter looked me square in the eye and said:

"I have my sport, Honors English, Varsity football games, and really excellent friends. If he can't figure out why those things matter at least as much as he does...MORE, even...well, I don't want a guy who doesn't want ALL of me, and I don't mean the kind of all you need a condom for."

I am so damned proud of her.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

She's awesome, like her Lemony Mamma. I'm a might disappointed in the boy, tho. :-)

19.8.05  
Blogger Om.powered said...

That doesn't surprise me one bit.

Go Lemony Teen! Go Lemony Teen!

xoxo

20.8.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home