11.24.2005

happy thanks...oh, well that's unfortunate...

I was going to wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving, because it is, after all, Thanksgiving. So I did a Google Image Search, thinking how cute and original it would be if I included a picture of a turkey.

I'd forgotten how fantasically ugly turkeys are. I mean, really. Ew.

I'm sure by now you're noticed there isn't a cute and original picture of a turkey anywhere to be seen. I imagine you're wondering why.

Let's just say there are lots and lots of people dressed in camoflauge out there, and they're all sitting in a crouched posistion, surrounded by feathers, with, um, turkey-shaped dead things clutched in their fists. Call me crazy, but I just didn't think anybody would appreciate such things just before sitting down to dinner with the in-laws.

I searched for spaghetti, but let's face it, spaghetti on Thanksgiving just seems wrong. Ravioli, though?



Now you're talking.









Happy Thanksgiving!

2 Comments:

Blogger Om.powered said...

Do you think the pilgrims had ravioli?

You know - at their friendly feast with the natives?

Oy.

25.11.05  
Blogger lemony said...

Well, no, actually, I'm quite sure they didn't have ravioli. I'm also pretty sure they didn't have heroin-addicted sister-in-laws, either, though, so I'm standing by my ravioli.

Harumph.

xoxo

25.11.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home