1.22.2007

the ugly chair?

Well, no. But soon. Really.

No. Really.

For now, after what feels like endless nights of no sleep while sitting on the edge of the tub watching Lemony Child heave the contents of her stomach (and probably her spleen and a kidney) into the toilet, all I've got in me is a meme sent by the usually pleasant but lately demanding Accomodating Queen A (shout out!).

It's Monday and I know you're happy to be done with the weekend, but take ten minutes and tell me about your Saturday Adventures and Sunday Dalliances. Because I'm bored, okay? And because I need new music for the iPod before I throw the thing in front of the B train, tell me about your weekend in music. How about ten songs that best describe what you did how you were feeling what angst you had? You can do it! Be creative. Ask your friends to play. And make sure you really experienced some of what was coming back around because the first person who gives me Justin Timberlake is getting spanked.

Yes, this is what I got when I sat down to my e-mail with a giant cup of coffee and a banana. Potassium and caffeine. What's better for sleep deprivation? Yeah, I know, sleep, but the youngest Lemon is a demanding sick person. Almost as demanding as Queen A.

Without Further Ado, My Top Ten What I Did How I Was Feeling What My Angst Was Music List:

  • ... it's not the time to breakdown, keep it together now... definitely words to repeat over and over while sitting on the edge of the bathtub...Breakdown, Daughtry

  • ... just once in my life i think it'd be nice just to lose control just once... responsibility weighs heavy sometimes, don't it?... Lose Control, Evanescence

  • ... i can't see your star, the mechanical lights of this world frightened it away and i'm alone now... I miss him some times more than others. This was one of those weekends, thank you, ugly chair... Your Star, Evanescence

  • ...when you trust your television what you get is what you got, because they own the information they can bend it all they want... sometimes I'm cynical... Waiting on the World to Change, John Mayer

  • ...sunday is gloomy, my hours are slumberless... yep, that about it sums it up... Gloomy Sunday, Sarah McLachlan

  • ...i can't hold on to me, wonder what's wrong with me, can't break free until i let it go, let me go... wow I'm angsty this week. sheesh... Lithium, Evanescence

  • ...no sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this... except it was fabric softener... Desert Rose, Sting

  • ...and the best thing you've ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously, it's only life, after all... thanks for that lesson, darlin', and thanks for sending it to me again just when I needed it... Closer to Fine, Indigo Girls

  • ...children waiting for the day they feel good, happy birthday, happy birthday, when they feel the way that every child should... watching the youngest Lemon's immune system battle against her tiny body is the hardest thing I do... Mad World, Michael Andrews

  • ...i'm bringing sexy back, them mother'fuckers don't know how to act... because, really, what's sexier than a disheveled me in flannel monkey pants?... Sexyback, Justin Timberlake

I wasn't supposed to mention JT, was I? Ooooops. *bats lashes*

Now since The Accomodating Queen A (shout out!) wants to reload that flashy red iPod, I'm tagging:

And? Soon? The ugly chair. Yes. Really.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I am doing this! :) Thanks Lemony, and sorry to hear lemony child is sick. Poor baby. I hope she feels better soon.

23.1.07  
Blogger Om.powered said...

I still can't make it smell right. I guess you'll just have to be the laundress too =))

xoxoxo

24.1.07  
Blogger Poppy said...

I think this meme might be too hard for me, because I honestly don't understand how to do it. How lame is that?! I'm supposed to explain with songs how my weekend went? And with angst? I totally don't understand. And yet English is my first language...

28.1.07  
Blogger lemony said...

Maybe you had a Walking On Sunshine (wooooh-ooooh!)weekend. I just happened to have puking kid angst.

This coming weekend? All about life being a highway...or at least all about me driving endlessly on one...

:)

29.1.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home