4.24.2006

let's hope the rest of the book is better

Stolen from the fabulous Omegamom because you know I am not at all inventive enough to come up with such things on my own...

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open it to page 161.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the coolest book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.

"Even though the camerlengo was the church's ranking official, the camerlengo was only a priest and had little familiarity with the complex election process, so one cardinal was selected to oversee the ceremony from within the Sistine Chapel." ~from Angels & Demons by Dan Brown.

The title of this posting is appropriate, no??

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Another Dan Brown book?!?! Good golly.

Eh, he writes good reads, so long as you don't have any specialized knowledge related to the subject matter!

24.4.06  
Blogger lemony said...

It's about matter, anti-matter, a mad (crazy mad) physicist, the Illuminati, the Vatican and the Catholic Church.

I think I'm in the clear on the specialized knowledge related front, LOL!

:)

24.4.06  
Blogger Om.powered said...

Oh Angels & Demons is actually my fave of his books. Now, that surprises you, doesn't it? Because, knowing me, you'd think it'd be DaVinci Code, right?

The thing is - the DaVinci Code stuff was stuff I already knew, with a story tossed in. A&D was just plain old reading-compulsion stuff.

I'll be interested to hear what you have to say when you've finished. Now I have to go copy you.

xoxoxo

25.4.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home