6.14.2006

worthy challenge

In my wandering on the Internet tonight, I came across a blog I haven't been to before. Yay new blogs!

Why am I wandering the Internet perusing blogs? Rabbits. You heard me. Rabbits. My blue flax and my ferns and my decorative grass and my Black-Eyed Susans are being destroyed by the bunny bastard living under my shed and so here I am, at midnight, perusing the Internet trying to find a way to dispose of this rabbit without upsetting the youngest Lemon. Seems she "loves the cute little bugger bunny baby, Mumma!" and was nothing less than horrified when Lemony Mutt left a crumpled, furry little corpse under her swings. Seeing me club the remaining "fuzzy butt" over the head in a fit of frustration with a garden spade might wound her sensibilities. Not to mention what it would do to the rabbit.

I don't want a dead rabbit. I just want a GONE rabbit. Anybody have any ideas? Because the Internet has been less than helpful, and that's how I ended up distracted by pretty pictures of flowers. Other people's flowers. You know, the ones without the ragged, rabbit-gnawed blooms, like the ones in the picture above.

Which brings me back to where I started.

Pride month is this month. Did I know this? Yes. How? I have my ways. Mwahaha!

(yeah, my life is just chock full of mwahaha! moments...not...)

Anyway, this guy (and if he reads this HI! NICE TO SEE YOU!) issued a challenge, and well, how can you say no when the person doing the asking is so damned nice about it? Doesn't hurt that it's something I believe in with every fiber of my being, too.

Gay, straight, whatever. As Americans we are all citizens of the same country and we are all worthy of respect. Okay, I can think of a few unworthy people, but I figure there's a frick to every frack so there they are. Frick and frack. And the other one. Ew.

(broccoli stew...for the rabbit, not you...oh, phew...)

Okay. So. In honor of Pride month, and my parents, and my fabulous friends, I'm posting this very cool picture here. And because it is very late and I am very tired, I'm plum outta words.

Except this: To those who would deny their fellow citizens the same rights they enjoy out of hate, bigotry and fear; to those who use religion as a weapon and the Bible as a shield; to those who use their positions of power to screw people and their offices as bully pulpits...

...yeah, I'm out of words. There are only so many times I can keep saying the same things. Rest assured that my lack of words does not translate to lack of action.

Now. About that rabbit...

3 Comments:

Blogger Omnibabe said...

Do you live anywhere near a zoo? Scattering big cat scat around the garden scares all the other little beasties right out of your yard without harming them a bit!

16.6.06  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for posting my picture...and thanks to you it has spread even more...thank you for your support...keep it up...we need it from time to time...hope you have a great weekend

16.6.06  
Blogger josetteplank.com said...

My neighbor was using some sort of humane rabbit traps. But, after a while, the bunnies got smart, evidently. I'll ask him about the traps. Other than that, all I got is traps that will capture a rabbit and render him ready for stewing. Not what young Lemony wants.

17.6.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home