1.29.2007

you know it's gonna be a long day when...

  • you wake up at 2:22 a.m. to the sound of a cat horking up a furball on your bed.
  • your husband turns to you at 4:30 a.m. and says, "I think I forgot to turn the oven off."
  • your teenager argues with you over curfew before the sun rises.
  • your dog starts whining incessantly and when you go to see what's wrong with her you notice she has an upset tummy and your dining room rug is no longer a pretty ivory color.
  • your six-year-old can't find any socks and you know she owns a drawer full of socks.
  • you reach for the cream and it isn't there.
  • you settle for French Vanilla Coffeemate and reach for that and it also isn't there.
  • you dump your cup of coffee into the sink and boil water for tea even though you know tea just ain't gonna cut it on a Monday morning.
  • you realize you forgot to turn the crockpot on and the Irish oatmeal is grossly undercooked.
  • you go into the bathroom to pee and discover the laundry has miraculously given birth to socks and Princess undies and they will not be ignored.
  • the phone rings at 7:02 a.m. and it's your mother reminding you that you promised to send her a check to pay for the new puppy's rabies shot.
  • you drop a 28-ounce can of ground, peeled tomatos on your foot when reaching for a teabag.
  • you manage to stifle the bad word when you hurt your foot but not when you realize you're out of tea bags.
  • you slip on a patch of ice and fall down in your driveway while attempting to pick up the newspaper.
  • your six-year-old almost misses the school bus because she still hasn't found a pair of socks to her liking even though you've thrown six-dozen pairs in her direction.

I'm going back to bed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I'd go back to bed too if I woke up and my morning was like that!!! Ackkk.

And Lemony teen fighting over curfew? Gahhh I can't believe it...already!?! WOW!!!!

29.1.07  
Blogger KK said...

Eeek! Hopefully the day turned around and had an upswing.

There are days when I wish I had a full time nanny, chauffer, cook, and 4 maids. Then I remember I don't live in that world, but if I did I'd send them over to you.

29.1.07  
Blogger Om.powered said...

Aw...you already know what I'm going to say, don't you?

semiaflame

OK, in fairness? Maybe you didn't know what I was going to say after all.

How about personal shopper? Half-time cook? Occasional folder of laundry? Pseudo-professional kid wrangler? Amazingly efficient personal secretary? General all-around crooked-eyed babe?

*cheese*

I'm sorry you had a rough start. Tomorrow (today, really) will be better.

xoxo

30.1.07  
Blogger ccw said...

My initial reaction was "shit" but since I am trying to clean up my mouth, I'm sorry that your day was so awful. Surely the past two have gone better.

31.1.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home