11.20.2007

giving

in seven years,
she has given me:
cracked, bloody nipples
sleepless nights
endless worry
terrific frights
and the unwanted title -
"Mother of a Medically Complex Child"
but, also:
her first smile
her first giggle
countless drunken, happy, drippy breastmilky grins
an understanding of what bravery truly is
"oh my garlic and muffins"
good-night kisses
and the most definitely wanted title -
"Mumma"
Happy seventh birthday to my medically-complex, challenging, spirited, funny, brave, amazing girl. I only hope I can give her as much as she has given me.

5 Comments:

Blogger josetteplank.com said...

She's absolutely gorgeous!

Happy birthday!

What a beautiful tribute to your sweet, sweet girl.

21.11.07  
Blogger Amy Linder said...

What a cutie! Happy belated 7th birthday!

23.11.07  
Blogger Om.powered said...

She's every bit her mumma's girl.

Seven rocks.

xoxoxo

24.11.07  
Blogger ©Jac said...

Happy very belated birthday sweet child....

25.11.07  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry I am late! Happy belated 7th to your little girl!!!

29.11.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home