11.28.2007

so. books. what's good?

Since I'm not writing I figure the least I can do is read, but besides the crime novel I just checked out of the library a few days ago (and so far it's pretty good, I guess), I don't know what to read. I've read all the books in my house at least twice already...okay, not all of the books in my house...the teenagers books are ALL hers, baby...and I don't want to read them a third. Well, unless it's one of Stephen King's better works, like this, or this then I can probably be convinced.

I really like Stephen King. In fact, he's a favorite and I haven't read anything by him in a while, so I'm open to suggestions. But, please, don't try to get me to read The Tommyknockers. I really, really, really didn't like that book. It kinda sucked. Okay, not kinda. It SUCKED. I didn't even finish it...I gave up about halfway through when the dog (was it a bassett hound?) was floating in green stuff. I vaguely recall shouting in annoyance as I threw it across the living room. That's how much I hated it.

You gotta wonder what goes on in that man's brain sometimes, no?

So. What's everybody reading these days? Anything good? Will you share with me? Please? I need an excuse to make Mr. Lemony wrap the stuff I bought at L.L. Bean today, and he won't argue with me if I have my nose in a book. Kind of like I won't argue with him if he has his nose...his nose...okay, that analogy isn't going to work. Kind of like I won't argue with him if he has his ears glued to his Xbox headphone thingy while he's chainsawing his friends in a rousing game of Call of Duty 4. Or Gears of War 3. Whatever.

So. Books? Please? And thank you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm still stuck on Angelas Ashes, I haven't had time to read...but that book is so damned depressing!

29.11.07  
Blogger ©Jac said...

I DL a Jane Austen book offline the other day. I'm going to start "reading" it tomorrow.

So if you want to catch up on classics try DLing them to your mp3 player.

I used to love Stephen King, but I'm not a fan of his newer stuff. Probably the last 10 + years!

30.11.07  
Blogger preTzel said...

The entire Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell. I *loved* them all. If you have not read the Stephanie Plum series (One For The Money...) then I would suggest those as well. Be prepared though...I LMAO reading them so much that P came in and asked if I was alright. LOL!

30.11.07  
Blogger ccw said...

"The Tommyknockers" sucks ass. I did enjoy the newer ones "The Cell" and "Lisey's Story"

I am waiting for the newest Sue Grafton alphabet book. I ordered it for myself for Christmas since my husband was dragging his feet. I just have to refrain from opening the box.

I also like the Kay Scarpetta
books.

I recently read "Abide with Me", "Middlesex", and "Lost and Found". All three were good reads. (Sorry I am too lazy to find the authors)

9.12.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home