9.15.2007

i'm gonna do it, damn it

I've made a decision. I am going to try to blog every Monday through Friday. I am. I can do it. Okay, I probably can't, but I'm going to try anyway, because I really need to get into the habit of writing something every day, even when I don't feel like it. Unfortunately, I'm not even remotely talented enough to be ENTERTAINING five days a week, so some entries might be cheats, like a meme or something. Like today.

ahem

I try to always credit the blog I borrow a meme from, but I honestly don't remember where I found this one. If you're reading, and you recognize this meme, thank you for the inspiration.

Now. Onto Day One of Writing Every Day.

Have you ever licked the back of a CD to try to get it to work? - Lick it? Um. No. Ew. It might have rotavirus on it. Horrors.

What's the largest age difference between yourself and someone you’ve dated? - Twelve years. I thought I was so cool, dating somebody 12 years older than I was, but looking back now...well, ew. I was 18, he was 30. I'd probably have a heart attack if Lemony Teen dated somebody that much older when she's 18.

Ever been in a car wreck? - A few close calls, like that time it was snowing and the highway wasn't plowed or salted or sanded and we totally spun out and ended up facing north on the southbound side of Route 93 (that was scary, dudes), but I've been very lucky to avoid anything too serious.

Were you popular in high school? - I never know how to answer this question. I wasn't unpopular, I guess. I wasn't a loner, but I didn't hang with THE crowd, either. I'd say I was somewhere in the middle of the social ladder. It was a perfectly fine place to be.

Have you ever been on a blind date? - Two. They were both complete disasters, although one of them did describe me nicely when he said, "Wow. You drove right up to normal and took a left, didn't you?" It was the funniest thing he said the entire night.

Are looks important? - Eh. Not really. I'm not sixteen anymore, you know? But I will admit to being completely turned off by people who look like total catastrophes while muddling through their grocery shopping. I don't mean the damp dude who obviously just came from the gym, or the bleary-eyed woman with the screaming toddler crammed into the top of the carriage. You know the guy I'm talking about...the one with a pair of dirty sweatpants and a rumpled Red Sox tee-shirt, who doesn't smell good when he passes you in the soda aisle, with hair that obviously hasn't been brushed in days. That guy.

Do you have any friends that you've known for 10 years or more? - Yes. Thank god for them, too.

By what age would you like to be married? - I am never getting married again. Ever. Nope.

Does the number of people a person's slept with affect your view of them? - No.

Are you a good tipper? - As somebody who once paid her rent with tips, yes, I am a very good tipper. At least 20%.

What's the most you have spent for a haircut? - I spend about $100 a month on a cut, color, highlights, and eyebrow waxing. I don't think I've ever paid more than that for anything hair related.

Have you ever had a crush on a teacher? - My sophomore English teacher, Mr. MacDonald. He was a total geek, but he was wicked funny and a uber-nice guy. I don't know if it was a crush so much as I just liked the guy.

Have you ever peed in public? - In front of people? No. I have run into the woods a few times in my life, though.

What song do you want played at your funeral? - Yeesh. I've honestly never thought about such things. Ummmmm...how about The Bitch is Back? Just to freak everybody out.

Would you tell your parents if you were gay? - In my family it was the parents giving me the "I'm gay" speech.

What would your last meal be before getting executed? - A cheeseburger with red onions, tomato, and barbeque sauce, really salty French fries, and a Sam Adams.

Beatles or Stones? - Will you still need me when I'm sixty-four? Beatles, baby.

If you had to pick one person on earth to die, who would it be? - I wouldn't. I'd feel too ookie about it.

Beer, wine or hard liquor? - Depends on the day I've had and the company I'm keeping. Kicking back with Mr. Lemony after the kids go to bed? Definitely a beer. Out with friends on a Saturday night? Bring on the Lemon Drop martinis!

Do you have any phobias? - Water. shudder Heights. Oh, and WATER. shudder

What are your plans for the future? - Writing more, stressing less, getting the Lemonettes safely into adulthood, and buying a commune.

Do you walk around the house naked? - No. Never. I don't want to frighten my dog.

If you were an animal what would you be? - A spoiled rotten house cat. Eating, napping in the sun, and getting stoned on catnip. Yeah, I could get used to that.

Do you have any special talents? - I can sing, but I'm not sure how special that is. I'm a really good dog-trainer, but, again, not so special. I make really good chili? I can bend my thumb all the way back until it touches my arm? I can make my elbows crack on command? God, I'm so boring.

What do you do as soon as you walk in the house? - Let the dog out of her crate.

Do you like horror or comedy? - I prefer a comedy if I'm looking for a movie to watch, but I enjoy me a good horror novel over funny any day.

Are you missing anyone?- Of course.

Where do you want to live when you are old? - In a condo in the city on a hill.

Who is the person you can count on the most? - Honestly? Mr. Lemony. He isn't perfect, and he screws up, but he's never let me down when it matters.

If you could date any celebrity past or present, who would it be? - Jay Leno. He just seems like a nice guy.

What did you dream last night? I don't remember.

What is your favorite sport to watch? - Baseball, except I'm not watching it right now because the much-loathed team from the south is visiting, and after last night, I'm in avoidance mode.

Are you named after anyone? - The nurse who assisted at my delivery. And a flower.

What is your favorite alcoholic drink? - I'm not picky. I'll drink almost anything. I do love a Lemon Drop, though.

Non alcoholic drink? - COFFEE!!!

Have you ever been in love? - Yep.

Do you sing in the shower? - Only if nobody else is home.

Have you ever been arrested? - No.

What is your favorite Holiday? - Arbor Day is fun, but it's gotta be Thanksgiving. What's not to love about stuffing and cranberry sauce??

Would you ever get plastic surgery? - You bet my stretch-marked, squishy, floppy tummy I would.

Have you ever caught a fish? - Once, when I was a teenager, I went fishing with my then-boyfriend because he thought it would be fun to torture me by taking me out on a boat that floats on WATER. I actually caught something, I don't know what it was, but it was flopping and gaping its giant fish lips and bugging those buggy little fish eyes, and I started shrieking like a girl. I refused to touch it, so my boyfriend took it off the hook for me. I made him throw it back into the water and he never took me fishing again.

Who wants to blog every weekday with me? Eh? Anyone? Come on...you know you wanna. And? I promise I won't meme every day. Really. I won't.

ahem

6 Comments:

Blogger Om.powered said...

yokay.

16.9.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in. I so need a challenge. :-)

16.9.07  
Blogger Judy said...

Enjoyed reading your meme...we have a lot in common, and I s'pose it's due to our Yankee upbringing! I'm still a Sox fan after all these years in Braves Land, so here's to post season play! And yes, what's not to love about cranberries and dressing!! I've yet to try a Lemon Drop however, so that's on my to-do list!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
xo

16.9.07  
Blogger ccw said...

For the last 2 1/2 years I have managed to blog daily most of the time. Of course, that means that there is some pretty shitty posts on my blog.

I like this meme, I plan to do this at some point.

Do you think you will be able to get up and down the hill when you are old?

My first husband was 12 years older than me, 32 to my 20. It seems gross now.

17.9.07  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm trying! I swear...I have been dealing with writer's block lately. Sucks.

What a fun MeMe...I think I may just do it one of these days! :)

BTW, I found myself nodding to a lot of your answers- I wasn't popular in high school but wasn't UNpopular. I was very well known. I didn't have a crush on a teacher but I had a crush on a bus driver- does that count? LOL!!! :)

17.9.07  
Blogger lemony said...

I will get up and down that hill when I'm old if I have to pay somebody to roll me around. :)

Bus driver. I dunno. The guy who drove the bus I sometimes caught (public transportation, baby) was kind of sketchy, LOL!

And Judy, hi! Nice to see you. If you order a lemon drop, make sure you specify a martini...there's also a lemon drop shot, which isn't nearly as enjoyable. :)

17.9.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home