8.09.2006

death scene, take four

Frickin' piece of crappola Compaq Presario Notebook. Eighteen months old and on it's fourth death. I may have sped up the inevitable when I heaved it at Mr. Lemony, who then deflected it to the floor with a thud. Why did I do this? The man suggested I just use the teenager's laptop. It's not like having my own computer...which, by the way, is where I write and keep my journal and the story (hee) I've been working on for two years...is such a big deal.

Says the man who has TWO laptops.

Well, it is a big deal, I'm sorry. Sharing a computer, especially one with cutesy blinky cursors and MySpace cookies, was not part of the plan when I bought MY OWN laptop. Besides, the crappy thing is the only thing in the entire house that is mine and just mine.

Think I'm kidding? Example A: There is a bathroom next to my room, but Mr. Lemony thinks he should be allowed to use it since he shares (example B) my room and (example C) my bed. There are (examples D through G) four televisions in my house but the last time one of them was available to me for my viewing pleasure was sometime during the first Clinton administration. My (example H) clothes? The teen pilfers 'em. Example I: Shoes? Same thing. And? Example J: Food. Swiped from my plate. They're starving, you know.

The laptop, it was mine, and now it's toast, so here I am, sitting in the living room with the old desktop. It's like being chained to a turtle.

The quote to fix the laptop was $500. Mr. Lemony says over his dead body is he paying five-hundred bucks to fix a computer that has broken down every four months since we bought it.

I'm lobbying for a new laptop.

Mr. Lemony is lobbying against a new laptop since I can just share with the teenager, who by the way, is right now setting a new sparkly cursor and updating her cookies and telling me no, I cannot use her laptop, because it is hers and she's using it right now thankyouverymuch.

It's either time to remind the teenager that I nursed her for two years or to remind Mr. Lemony that he bought a boat.

Does anybody have a laptop (not a Comcrap!) they adore? I'll be in the market shortly.

Tonight, even.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

You might as well buy a new one- $500 is a bit much to repair a computer that is a POS anyhow! Trust me, I have a Compaq Presuckio...I don't think it even turns on anymore...LOL!

One of the things I plan on buying when I get a job (after major things are taken care of first, of course!) is a laptop. A more reliable one. NO MORE PRESUCKIOS! LOL!

9.8.06  
Blogger Donna @ Snowbound said...

Yes bring up the boat! I'm partial to Dell's. I've never had a laptop but it's at the top of my list and I'll be shopping through Dell.

10.8.06  
Blogger ©Jac said...

Go to the Dell outlet. You should be able to find what you need!

10.8.06  
Blogger lemony said...

Dell it is. Mr. Lemony was very excited about the Intel Core Duo Processor whatever that means.

Just waiting on the UPS guy now. Anybody want a Comcrap? Cheap! ;)

xoxo

11.8.06  
Blogger Om.powered said...

you know, if'n ya hadn't heaved it across the room, I mighta...

ok well, maybe not...

xoxoxo

11.8.06  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I can't tell you how many times I wanted to throw that POS out the window...I may still do it if it doesn't turn on...you should do that with yours too if it's that bad! LOL!!!

12.8.06  
Blogger ©Jac said...

woohoo! I'm going to need pictures when you get it. Technology makes me swoon.

12.8.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home