8.14.2006

top ten reasons summer needs to go bye-bye

1. Because if Patrick rings my doorbell one more time I'm going to tear his head off so I can shout, "Lemony Brother is at camp! Just like yesterday! Just like tomorrow! And every day until the END OF AUGUST!!" directly into his brain.

2. Because soaking wet pool towels piled in the sandbox is just plain yucky.

3. Because I'm out of popsicles and I don't want to buy another damned box of red, white, and blue raspberry frozen phallic symbols.

4. Because my flip-flops have seen better days and bending over to paint my toes to look pretty in the flip-flops seems pointless now.

5. Because Kool-Aid is sugar mixed with crack cocaine and I can't Just Say No.

6. Because applying even the really cool spray-on, banana-scented sunscreen has become an exercise in herding cats. Or Lemonettes. Take your pick.

7. Because there are only so many times you can say, "No, you may NOT use your sister as a boogie board. Or a frisbee. Put her DOWN!" in a day.

8. Because if that ice cream truck with the weird dude driving it pulls down the cul-de-sac just as I'm putting dinner on the table one more time there will be hell to pay.

9. Because those 100 degree days make my underwire bras even more uncomfortable.

10. Because "MUMMA! I'M BORED! PLAY SIDEWALK CHALK WITH ME!" lost its appeal as a bonding experience about six buckets of chalk ago.

Summer is great, isn't it?

Help me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Om.powered said...

ohmystars WHAT is it about the ice cream guys and DINNERTIME???

It's a national conspiracy, don't you think?

I'm countin the days too, baby. And it's not MY kids. It's all the kids in the neighborhood. I'm just plain sick of THEM. :D

xo

15.8.06  
Blogger Poppy said...

The little tiny "Help me." made me laugh very hard, so cute!

Sorry you think summer sucks. I'd like it to be over with, too but I don't want the winter.

16.8.06  
Blogger Jennifer said...

You know, I purchased three pairs of flip flops to alternate and not beat up one pair alone...and what did I do this summer?? My black flip flops are pretty much dunzo. My white and pink ones?? Still in wonderful shape! Go fig, eh??

I'm kinda sad to see summer go, but not really. I love fall!

And I have to admit, I was cracking up at your description of the "frozen phallic symbols"...ROFLMAO!!!

18.8.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home